Monday, January 4, 2010

PLANS FOR 2010


My plans are simple really!


FUN! FAT! FIT!

So here they are:


FUN!


I am focused on having FUN this year!

Fun with things I like to do! FUN with things my family likes to do! FUN in everything we do! We are a very busy family, with work, volunteering, school, sports, etc. We are always on the go! We get so caught up in everything we need to get done that I think we forget why we are doing it! This year is about slowing down just long enough to enjoy what we do!

2010 = JUST SMILE AND HAVE FUN!


FAT!

Short term fat goal - to be back at 185lbs! Re-lose the weight I just gained.

Long term fat goal - 150lbs!


How do I get there?

~Eating clean and colorful!

What does this mean? Well to me it means getting back to eating real food, like - more fruit and vegetables (colorful), and less processed foods (white)!


~Drinking more water and cutting out soda!

~Trying something new every month!

a new vegetable, a new piece of fruit, a new healthy recipe

~Limit the SUGAR! (Did I mention that I love ice cream?)

Significantly reduce the sugar in my diet! Good bye cookies, good bye Starbucks pastries (which I did not have this morning), good bye BIG bowl of ice cream.

The first few weeks I am going to cut out sugar as much as possible to reduce the cravings! Then add it back in, in small doses (small scoops of ice cream)!

~Food Journal!

It helped me so much to write down what I was eating!


FIT!


Back to running and working out consistently!

~ run 600 miles this year!

I run with Nike+ (which I LOVE!) and want to be well into the BLUE section this fall! Just under 400 miles to get there!
I see lots of bloggers that have a goal of 1000 miles which I would love to achieve but want to be realistic! If I blow past 600 miles this year - look out 1000!


~HALF MARATHON - not 1 but 2 this year! One Spring, one Fall!

Research almost complete on which ones I am going to do! (Will post soon!)


~Cross Train! Running alone is not enough for me. I am going to add back in weight training twice a week. I am also going to try something new each month! Our new home gym is the perfect place to try new work out video or try a new program that I find in a magazine!


SIMPLE REALLY!!


FUN! FAT! FIT!

4 comments:

  1. Those sound like great goals! I would love to try to do 2 halves this year. I need to get better about the soda. I am a sodaholic :-) I am working on it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What half marathons are you doing this year? That is exciting.

    Two great books for weights: "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" and "Power to the People" by Pavel. Also, kettlebells are awesome. The kettlebell goddess dvd is a very good workout program.

    Hey, we are the same age and close to the same weight...and it sounds like we might live in a similar region. Fun. Let's cheer each other on. :) How tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals. So glad you joined the Pay It Forward 500 + mile club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a GREAT plan! I'm also glad you joined the Pay it Forward 500+ Mile Club... we'll have an awesome year running together! Looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

    You might also want to check out two bloggy friends (you can find them on my blogroll):
    Dawn: The Fat Chick Runs
    Amanda: Manderz Road to a New Life
    Both have awesome stories!

    Good vibes from Orlando!

    ReplyDelete